MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE
GLUTEN FREE VEGAN AND REFINED SUGAR FREE (SWEETENED WITH COCONUT SUGAR!
I LOVE this cake. Fudgy, moist, rich and decadent. I use Coconut Sugar because my body reacts better to it than refined sugar, Coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index, packs with fiber and minerals.
A healthier cake without the guilt!
Adapted from Gluten Free On A Shoestring “Crazy Cake”
I LOVE HER RECIPES!!!
FOR THE CAKE-
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two 6″ pans then sprinkle with cocoa powder. Like you would with flour but because this is a chocolate cake, cocoa makes it prettier. A little pro tip! 🙂
- 3/4 c Bob’s 1:1 AP GF Blend
- 1/2 c Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 c GF Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 c Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 c Coconut Sugar
- Mix all the dry in a bowl then add the following wet ingredients.
- 3 oz of Olive Oil
- 1 c Brewed, Warm, Cold Pressed Decaf Coffee (OR USE WATER but coffee brings out the natural chocolate flavor)
- 1 Tbl Vinegar (I used Distilled)
- 6 Drops of DoTerra Peppermint Oil (OR start with 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Add all the wet to dry and still until combined. pour into two 6 ” prepared pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 F or until toothpick is cleaned, cake springs back and pulls away from edges.
- Let cool.
1. 3/4 c Soy free Earth balanced
2. 1 1/4 c of Confectioner’s sugar or My PALEO Confectioner’s sugar. See below.
3. 1/2-3/4 (I used 3/4 c) c Cocoa Powder (depending on how rich you like it.
4. 2 Tbl of GF oat milk (or whatever vegan milk you have)
5. Pinch of salt
6. 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
7. 3 drops of DoTerra Peppermint oil (or start with 1/8 tsp Mint extract)
1) Cream the Earth Balance and confection’s sugar. Add the remaining ingredients. Adjust flavors as needed. Place in fridge until needed.
- Paleo Confectioer’s Sugar- Blend 2 cups Coconut sugar and 2 Tbl Tapioca Starch in Vita-Mix until a powder. I always have this around to use for glazes also.
- You can obviously play with flavor combos.
- Double Recipe for ONE 9 inch layer or a standard bundt cake.