I LOVE this recipe. Excellent treat that isn’t too sweet. I wanted to blog a favorite of mine for valentine’s day. I cut them out as hearts and some with chocolate for me and my sweetie to enjoy tomorrow (and tonight). The options for these are endless. A must have stocked at all times. I got the basic recipe from “Gluten Free Baking” but changed it up a bit.
1 c oat flour
1/2 c each brown rice flour and Bob’s All Purpose
1/4 c millet flour
1/2 c brown sugar ( I think maple or coconut sugar would work also. I ran out so I used the old school stuff.)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthum
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
7 Tbl Earth Balance (soy free)
4 TBl cold water
3 Tbl honey
1 tsp Vanilla
6 oz chocolate (I like Enjoy Life)
1 tsp coconut oil
1) Mix all the dry. Then cut in the Earth Balance. Add the remaining ingredients (except chocolate and coconut oil) and mix until combined.
2) Let rest in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3) Roll 1/4 inch thick. Next, cut into whatever shape you like. Poke with a fork.
4) Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool.
5) Melt chocolate and coconut oil over double boiler. Dip part of the cookie or pour over entire cookie on a cooling rack. Let set on counter or in fridge. While wet you could sprinkle toasted nuts, granola (see earlier post for recipe), chopped marshmellows (then brulee the tops of the marshmellow for a Smore treat). Options are endless.