https://www.vitalhealthclinic.net/uncategorized/coffee-caramel-crunch-ice-cream-chocolate-sorbet-gluten-free-vegan-paleo/Here are some staples for baking and ice cream making! I use these in my Coffee Caramel Crunch Ice Cream. They are perfect for so many recipes. VERY VERSATILE WITH MANY USES!!! Have fun with them. Feel free to post comments and photos (tag me too) on my social media. My tags are below.
Caramel Sauce- Vegan Paleo and Delicious!!!
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Milk (from the can), Full Fat I like Thai Kitchen (NOTE when picking a Coconut Milk, you want to shake it at room temp. You know it is a good one when there is no liquid movement. If you feel the liquid, it isn’t a good coconut milk. It should feel solid. That ensures the quality and the high fat content you want.)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- place Water and Coconut sugar in a sauce pan. Simmer on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add Coconut milk, stir to combine. Let simmer for about 30 minute. It will become a dark amber, reduce in volume a bit and become visibly thick.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Cool completely. It will be like caramel, thick, coat the back of a spoon and keep in a glass covered container in the frdige for about 2 weeks.
Chocolate Crunch- Paleo Vegan
4 oz Chocolate, Unsweetened
2 Tbl Maple Syrup
2 Tbl Coconut Sugar
2 tsp Refined Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp Seat salt
1/2 cup rice puffs (or whatever you like: Cornflakes, pretzels, seeds…)
1/2 cup almond slivers (or whatever nut and or seed you like)
pinch of sea salt
Optional- add a 1/4 of cinnamon, cardamom, ginger or any spice you want to add to enhance your dish. You can add goji berries, dried berries, raisins…many options with this one.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the cereal and nuts in a baking dish. Spray with oil. Add spice using. Toast lightly for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, melt the remaining ingredients over a double boiler.
- Put a Silpat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet pan. Spread the melted chocolate mixture then take the toasted cereal nut mix and gently pat it onto the chocolate mixture. I add a pinch more salt and coconut sugar. Like when you make a bark. Here is the video where I demo this.
- Let it cool. Chop and enjoy as a snack, a cake or ice cream garnish. Have fun with it.