Chocolate Blueberry Almond Crunch Tart– YUUUMMMMM!
NUTRICIOUS AND DELICIOUS!
This is a Heart Healthy recipe, honoring “Heartbreak to Heart Healing February”, I created from an earlier post. Check out the original post with info and variation here. This is Vegan, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Paleo, Paleo Vegan and Raw! (See noted at the bottom for variations.) YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE! Whether you follow these diets or not! MY DAD DISLIKES CHOCOLATE AND ASKED FOR SECONDS!
These are all recipes you could use for several recipes, adding different flavors, herbs and medicinal benefits. Follow the notes for ideas!
For the crust:
6 Tbl cocoa powder
3 Tbl Maple Syrup
3 Tbl melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
For the filling:
3/4 c cocoa powder
1/2 c maple syrup
4 Tbl melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
Doterra Tangerine oil– 2-3 drops or add the zest and juice of a tangerine
Almond extract- 1/8 tsp
Mix all of the ingredients for the crust into a food processor. Use your hands to to create a crust in a greased 6 inch springform pan. I then use a flat bottom glass to get it even. (This can be done in tart pans or mini cupcake pan. I liked the mini cupcakes. It’s rich and saves you from eating too much. It made 16.)
Mix all of the filling ingredients then pour into the crust. Chill for 2 hours.
Blueberry Gelee, Glaze or Topping
8 oz Blue berries, I used frozen Maine but whatever you have fresh or frozen), Cherries other berries also work great!
2 1/2 Tbl Maple Sy[rup
Juice and zest of 1/2 Lemon
1 tsp Gelatin (Vital Gelatin) or Agar Agar if vegan- MIXED WITH 1 TBL COLD WATER- Let this sit while cooking the blueberries. (See Other variation below)
Wise Woman Hawthorne Extract– 1 tsp- Optional but incredible for Heart health.
Mix all the ingredients (except for Gelatin or Agar in the water) in a sauce pan over medium heat. Crush and stir with a wooden spoon to release juices. Once simmering, reduce to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It is done when it has a jamlike consistency.
Strain if you like it smooth then whisk in Gelation or agar mixture. Cool 10 minutes at room temp.
Spread evenly on tart.
Almond Slivers- 1/2 cup
Coconut Sugar- 1/2 Tbl
Maple Syrup- 1/2 Tbl
Coconut Oil- 1/2 Tbl
Pinch of Sea Salt- optional
Goji Berries- 1 TBL
SEE VARIATION IDEAS BELOW
Roast almond in 375 Degree F Oven until light golden, about 10 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients and roast for 3-5 more minutes until they are golden with a nice caramel glaze. Remove from oven. Stir in Goji. Coll 5 minutes and sprinkle over tart.
Store tart in fridge or freezer. It keeps really well and is So Yummy at all temperatures!
- Vegan- You can omit the gelatin or use agar. Or omit and use the cooked berry mixture as is.
- You don’t have to strain the berry mixture. It makes a smoother texture. Save the pulp for smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt topping.
- You can keep this raw by just placing washed Blueberries in a pretty circular pattern over the tart while the chocolate topping is still liquid to ensure stability on the tart.
- Hawthorne is incredible for the heart. It is great for colds, immune support, calming, cellular health, antioxidant, allergies….
- You can add so many different herbs and spices to this mix- Ashwaganda helps calm the body and is a great sleep aid for example. Ginger, licorice, mint all settle the stomach. Spirulina, Greens powders, Mushroom powders and extracts. Turmeric and Black Pepper are great anti inflammatory herbs. List is endless.
- Crunch options- Favorite Paleo granola recipes, sub almonds for pecan, walnuts, pumpkin seeds. Try Candida’s Granola recipe or my Raw Granola recipe
- Sprinkle to top with HEMP seeds! Heart healing omegas!