HEMP DIP AND DRESSING- Gluten Free, Raw, Paleo, Keto, Refined Sugar free, Nut Free and DELICIOUS!
THIS IS NOT ONLY INCREDIBLY HEALTHY BUT IT IS CRAZY YUMMY! Everyone loves it!!! DON’T TELL ANYONE IF THEY AREN’T OPEN TO ALTERNATIVE DIETS- THEY WON’T NOTICE! RECIPE LINK BELOW!
What is good for your heart, it good for the whole body! High in Protein, Fiber, Omega 3 and 6, Antioxidants, Hormone regulation (see link below), it also has ingredients for Kidney and Liver detox, gut health, immune health, skin hair and nail health and beauty…on and on with health benefits! Perfect for parties- ie…Superbowl Sunday is coming up. Just sayin” 😉
1/3 cup Hemp (See note)
1/3 cup Filtered water
1/2 tsp ground garlic powder (or for more health benefits- 1-2 tsp raw chopped to taste)
2 tsp dried Dill (See Note)
1 tsp ground onion powder (or for more health benefits- 1-2 tsp raw chopped, can use shallots, green onion…to taste)
1 TBL Apple cider vinegar or White Distilled (See Note)
1 fresh Medjool Date chopped OR 1 tsp maple syrup– omit if Keto
1 tsp Vegan Mayo
1 tsp mustard
1 lemon zested
1/2 lemon, juiced (See Note)
1/2 cup TOTAL OIL- Neutral flavors, NOT COCONUT OIL (I use 1/4 cup EVOO and 1/4 cup Grapeseed) * See Note
ADAPTED FROM WHOLE NEW MOM – I tweaked it a bit. 🙂
- Put everything in a high speed blender EXCEPT THE OIL.
- Blend everything for about a minute, starting on low increasing to high. Scrape after.
- Add the oil. Blend on high 20-30 more seconds.
- Enjoy as a dip for veggies, Chicken or Vegan nuggets or tenders, fish sticks, fries…Or add a little water or more vinegar to a coleslaw or salad dressing. You can use as a sandwich or wrap spread. Great over grilled meats and veggies.
- Store in glass container. Good for about 5 days. ENJOY!
- Fresh herbs are also always best in flavor and health benefits. You can use the dry spice measurements as listed above OR 2 TBL of fresh. Cilantro and Parsley are great for detox of the Kidneys and Liver, they also clean the blood. Basil, Fresh Dill, Oregano (great antioxidant especially if grilling)…any soft herb is great for the health and flavor.
- I would stick to these vinegars. Others will impart a taste. Apple Cider Vinegar is great for detox, digestion, cleans the blood.
- These oils are great for your heart health, especially the EVOO. If you use all EVOO, it is a stronger taste. I like to cut it with a neutral oil like Grapeseed. Avocado oil too.